First, success has NOTHING to do with monetary riches and materials. Success is having friends or family who care about you and love you. Success is succeeding in what you do regardless of the outcome.
Knowing you are blessed depends on your perceptions and attitude.
How to know if you are blessed:
1. You're breathing.
2. You can see.
3. You can hear.
4. You were able to get out of bed this morning by yourself.
5. You were able to have someone help you get out of bed this morning.
6. You were able to take care of your own personal hygiene.
7. You have people to help you take care of your own personal hygiene.
8. You had someone give you money.
9. You had someone give you food or something to drink.
10. Someone gave you clothes.
11. Your utility bills were lower than expected.
12. You had the money to pay your rent and utility bills.
13. You had someone help pay your rent and utility bills.
14. You had clothes to wear even if it's only one outfit you own.
15. You slept through the night without being harmed.
16. A shelter opened its doors to you.
17. You received food from the food bank or someone you do or don't know.
What I have written is not even a drop in the bucket of someone being blessed. Please share with me in the comments section, how you are blessed.